ABA Employment Summaries in PDF Format:
For the University of Pittsburgh School of Law faculty and staff, the career outcomes of our students are the highest priority. Of the 196 total graduates of the Class of 2015, 168 are employed with private law firms and in areas such as business, government, and public interest. Additionally for the Class of 2015:
- 85% of the Class of 2015 secured employment by the end of the reporting period.
- 14.8% of the employed graduates from the Class of 2015 are working in prestigious judicial clerkships with federal, state and local courts, a percentage which significantly exceeds the national average of just over 9% for the Class of 2014.
- Many graduates obtained positions with governmental agencies including the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S Department of Health & Human Services and with state and local agencies including the PA Environmental Hearing Board, and Offices of District Attorneys.
- 33.8% of graduates from the Class of 2015 who are in private practice are employed in law firms of 100+ attorneys.
- Examples of law firms employing members of the Class of 2015 include Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney; Reed Smith; K&L Gates; Morgan Lewis & Bockius; Pepper Hamilton; Stradley Ronan; Burns White; Cohen & Grigsby; Drinker Biddle; Dickie McCamey & Chilcote; Eckert Seamans; Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman Goggin; Sherrard German & Kelly; Horty Springer & Mattern; Mintzer Sarowitz Zeris Ledva & Meyers; Frank Gale Bails Murcko & Pocrass; Goldberg Persky & White; Grenen & Birsic; and many more.