Taking the Health Law Career Path: Student Conference and Job Fair
The American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law will sponsor the 1st Annual "Taking the Health Law Career Path: Student Conference and Job Fair" on Friday, October 19, 2007. The $35 registration fee is waived for University of Pittsburgh Law Students - see Ms. Jaime Horensky in Room 514B.
Topics covered will include:
- What Do Health Lawyers Do?
- How to contact Prospective Employers - The Logistics of the Health Law Job Search
- Who Does Health Law in the Federal Government, State, County, and Local Government, Trade Associations, Nonprofits, Consulting Firms, Insurance Companies, and Small Firms
- Starting You Own Firm
- Nontraditional Jobs for Health Lawyers
The featured speaker will be Donna Gerson, author of Choosing Small, Choosing Smart, Job Search Strategies for Lawyers in the Small Firm Market.
Other speakers have committed to participate from organizations including:
- University Hospitals Health System (Cleveland)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Forum Health
- US Attorneys Office
- PA Dept. of Public Welfare
- PA Dept. of Health
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Psychological Association
- CA Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems
- Office of Federal Government Relations, University of Pittsburgh
- UnitedHealth Group
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Grane Healthcare, Inc., and Graciano Corp.
- Respironics Corporation
- IntegriGuard, LLC
- Coventry Healthcare
- New York State Technology Enterprise Corp
- Pennsilvania Health Law Project
- Children's National Medical Center
For general information on this conference go to ASLME's website at http://www.aslme.org