Town Hall Meeting – The Impact of the Affordable Health Care Act on Accessing Health Care in Pennsylvania
Health Insurance Exchanges (now officially referred to as Market Places) are scheduled to go into effect nationally (including Pennsylvania) on October 1st of this year. This symposium will explore the options that will be available to consumers in Pennsylvania, and address some of the FAQ about the Health Insurance Exchanges:
- What are Health Insurance Market Places and how do they work?
- How will people access information about the insurance options available through the insurance market place?
- What happens if an individual does not have health insurance and chooses not to purchase health insurance from an insurance market place?
- What happens if employers do not provide health insurance for their employees?
- Will there be subsidies to make health insurance more affordable, and what are the eligibility criteria?
This forum will also consider the broader implications of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and its potential for dramatically impacting (and changing) America’s health care system.
This program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for (3) hours of substantive credit. There is a $90 fee for processing CLE credit for this event.