Spring 1L Curriculum Planning Sessions
Reminder: Spring 1L Curriculum Planning Sessions
To help first-year students prepare to choose courses for the second and third years of law school, in the coming weeks the Law School will be holding (1) information sessions regarding the certificate programs and (2) a curriculum planning workshop.
Certificate Program Information Sessions: The information sessions regarding the certificate programs will take place on Tuesday and Thursday, February 14 and 16, 2012.
• On Tuesday, February 14, there will be two sessions:
o Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate Program, Room G12, 12:00-12:30 pm
o Civil Litigation Certificate Program, Room G12, 12:30-1:00 pm
• On Thursday, February 16, there will be three sessions:
o Health Law Certificate Program, Room G12, 12:00-12:30 pm
o International and Comparative Law Certificate Program, Room G12, 12:30-1:00 pm
o Environmental Law, Science and Policy Certificate Program, Room G12, 1:00-1:30 pm
Curriculum Planning Workshop
The curriculum planning workshop will take place the following week, on February 22 and 23, 2012. The faculty highly recommends that all 1Ls participate in this workshop. The workshop will have three components:
• First, at noon on Wednesday, February 22, there will be a one-hour plenary session in the Teplitz Memorial Courtroom at which faculty will give a general overview of considerations and strategies in choosing courses and setting up an educational plan for law school. Light refreshments will be served after the plenary session on the ground floor.
• Then, at noon on Thursday, February 23, there will be a series of sessions at which attorneys working in each of ten different practice areas will offer advice on how to prepare while in law school for practice in each area. Light refreshments will be served in the Alcoa room following the breakout sessions and will provide students an opportunity to interact with those attorneys who are able to remain after the conclusion of the breakout sessions.
• Finally, later in the afternoon on Thursday, February 23, there will be a studentfaculty reception, with refreshments, in the first floor lobby of the Law School. This reception will provide first-year students an opportunity to meet and talk with both full-time and adjunct law school faculty.
A TWEN site on Westlaw has already been created for these curriculum planning events. “Pitt Law Class of 2014” is the name that has been given to the TWEN site, and all first-year students have already been added to the TWEN site. We will notify you as we post information relating to these events on the TWEN site.
We’ll see you there!