Electronic Discovery Seminar - Wasserman
Welcome to the Electronic Discovery Seminar! I look forward to meeting all of you on Tuesday, August 27, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. in the Jury Room on the ground floor.
- There is one book that you will need to purchase, SHIRA A. SCHEINDLIN ET AL., ELECTRONIC DISCOVERY AND DIGITAL EVIDENCE: CASES AND MATERIALS (2d ed. 2012) (the “Casebook”).
- You will also need a relatively current copy of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, but the copy you have from first-year Civil Procedure should be fine.
- In addition, there are two other required readings that you should download or access on-line:
- THE SEDONA PRINCIPLES:BEST PRACTICES RECOMMENDATIONS &PRINCIPLES FOR ADDRESSING ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT PRODUCTION (2d ed. June 2007) (a free download from www.thesedonaconference.org (go to publications, eDiscovery, then search by date and title))
- SEDONA COOPERATION PROCLAMATION (July 2008) (pp. 1-3) (a free download from www.thesedonaconference.org)
I have created a course web page on The West Education Network (“TWEN”). The URL, from which you may access the course web page with your Westlaw password, is http://lawschool.westlaw.com. Please be sure to register for the course on TWEN before the first day of class. The TWEN page will contain the course description; the syllabus; a link to my e-mail and to the e-mail addresses of other students; and required readings that are not included in the Casebook.
Assignment for the First Class
The assignment for the first class will be listed in the syllabus, which will be posted on TWEN no later than Friday, August 16, 2013.