Access to Law School During Finals
From Dean Deasy:
In the past, concerns have been voiced regarding the Law School’s building accessibility to any and all Pitt students during the finals preparation period. In an effort to create more quiet study space for our students, the administration has instituted a new set of guidelines for when the Law School doors will lock and how you, as students, will gain access to certain floors.
As of today, access to the 3rd and 5th floors of the Law School via the internal stairwell will be limited to law students by swiping their student ID cards after 6:30pm. While it’s impossible to fully close off the ground floor to only our students, all doors leading into the ground floor student lounge will be locked by 8pm (6:30pm on Saturdays), again, with access granted to our Law School students by swiping their ID cards.
Noted below is a full list of building accessibility times.
- Law School main building doors
- Mon-Thurs – unlocked 6:45 am - 10:00 pm
- Fri – unlocked 6:45 am - 8:00 pm
- Sat – unlocked 9:45 am - 6:00 pm
- Sun – unlocked 9:45 am - 10:00 pm
- Ground floor exterior doors
- Mon-Fri – unlocked 6:45 am - 5:00 pm
- Ground floor Stairwell doors
- Mon-Fri – unlocked 6:45 am - 8:00 pm
- Sat – unlocked 9:45 am - 6:30 pm
- Sun – unlocked 9:45 am - 8:00 pm
- Library internal stairwell doors
- Mon-Fri – unlocked 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
Best of luck during this finals period!