Barco Law Building Construction Project Updates - 12/06/17
Outlined below are some highlights from the Wednesday, December 6th Barco Law Building Construction Project Team Meeting.
At the present time the renovation of the Barco Law Building’s 2nd Floor is still on track and projected to be completed by Friday, December 22nd. With that target completion date in mind, our current mobilization and moving plan is as follows:
- All Pitt Law Staff and Faculty with offices currently on the Barco Law Building’s 4th Floor, on the Sennott Square Building’s 5th Floor and in Park Plaza should have their offices packed and ready for a physical move by the close of business by Thursday, December 21st. The familiar Rent-a-crates, large orange buggies and conventional cardboard boxes will be utilized again for packing and moving. Everyone must have all office belongings packed by December 21st because movers will perform the physical move from the 4th Floor to the 2nd Floor from December 26 – 29, 2017 (except for the Pitt Law Clinics and the Development & Alumni Affairs Office).
- From Wednesday, January 3 through Friday, January 5, 2018, movers will perform the following physical moves:
- The Pitt Law Clinic Staff from the Sennott Square’s 5th Floor to the Barco Law Building’s 4th Floor and
- The Development & Alumni Affairs Office from Park Plaza to the Barco 2nd Floor.
As with the prior week’s move, Rent-a-crates, large orange buggies and conventional cardboard boxes will be utilized again for packing and moving.
Other notable matters include:
- Effective the week of December 11th, from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. several current temporary office room doors on the Barco Law Building’s 1st Floor will be replaced by permanent office doors. The same holds true for the Barco Law Building’s 4th Floor from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- There will be an electrical outage in the Barco Law Building on Friday, December 15th from 10:30 p.m. – Saturday, December 16th at 7:30 a.m. in order to install the controls for Posvar Bridge Lighting. Please unplug all computers and surge protectors prior to leaving Barco on the evening of December 15th.
- The Barco Lobby Building’s Lobby floor will be thoroughly cleaned and sealed with an epoxy product from December 26 – 29, 2017. This sealant will help with the long-term appearance and on-going maintenance of this white tile floor.
- There will be a few punch list items and final closeout items regarding the renovation which will occur after December 22nd.
The next scheduled meeting will occur on next Wednesday, December 13th.