Kate J. Fagan
Adjunct Professor of Law
Born Lewistown, Pennsylvania. She has been a partner of the firm since 1987 and has served as a managing partner. She has earned an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest assessment afforded attorneys both for legal ability and ethical standards. Ms. Fagan is the Immediate Past President of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, and currently serves on the Board of Governors of the Allegheny Bar Association.
Ms. Fagan has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for 2008 through to the present.
Admitted to Bar, 1980; Admitted to Pennsylvania Trial and Appellate Courts; Admitted to United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; and the United States Supreme Court;
- Products Liability, Employment Discrimination
- Construction Litigation
- General and Commercial Liability
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Civil Rights Claims
- Insurance Law
- Insurance Bad Faith Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
Selected Professional Activities
Former Claims Supervisor, Fireman's Fund Insurance Companies; Former Chair and Council Member of Civil Litigation Section of Allegheny County Bar Association; Member of Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County and its Immediate Past President; Member of the Board of Governors of the Allegheny County Bar Association; Member of the American Bar Association; Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member of Commission on Women in the Profession of PBA; Member of Allegheny County Bar Association; Fellow of the American Inns of Court; Council on Litigation Management;and Member of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- 2006 - Allegheny County Bar Association Legal Professional Liability Seminar.
- 2011 Presentation on Expert Witness Testimony for the Hay Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
- Moderator of the 12th Annual Spring Symposium on Trial Practice in Western Pennsylvania.
- 2000-Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Trial Practice in Western Pennsylvania.
- 1998-Mock Trial presentation on a Professional Liability setting for the CPCU Society of Pittsburgh.
- 1996-Seminar on Expert Witness Examination Techniques for the Allegheny County Bar Association.