State-by-State Bar Exam Information: Alaska
The last Tue, Wed, and Thu of February and July
To avoid late fee, May 1 ($800)
(Applications with appropriate late fee accepted until middle of June. Consult Alaska Bar Association website for precise deadlines)
Written: Nine essay questions written by the Law Examiners Committee of the Alaska Bar Association; two performance tests from the Multistate Performance Test
Multiple-choice: The Multistate Bar Examination (MBE)
Yes, but only at Anchorage location. All applicants who request to take the exam on a laptop will be able to do so.
Yes--on the state bar website.
The written portions (Alaska essay questions, 37.5%, and two performance tests, 12.5%, together) and the MBE are weighted equally, each at 50%.
2012: 78%; 2011: 62%
2012: 69%; 2011: 53%
Yes, but only if the applicant has practiced law for five of the last seven years and Alaska has reciprocity with the state at issue. Please consult the jurisdiction directly for more detailed information on admission by motion.
The applicant must also have passed the MPRE