State-by-State Bar Exam Information: Colorado
The last Tue and Wed of February and July
May 1st (May 31st with late fee)
Colorado is a Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) jurisdiction, meaning that it administers the three exams produced by the National Conference of Bar Examiners--the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE), the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE), and the Multistate Performance Test (MPT).
Yes. All applicants who seek to take the exam on a laptop will be able to do so.
Because Colorado is a UBE jurisdiction, past questions can be obtained only from the National Conference of Bar Examiners, www.ncbex.org.
The written portions (essays, 30%, and performance tests, 20%, together) and the MBE are each weighted at 50%.
July 2012: 85%; July 2011: 86%
July 2012: 80%; July 2011: 80%
Those who have passed the UBE in another UBE jurisdiction can gain admission within two years without any years-of-practice requirement. Those who have passed a bar exam in a non-UBE jurisdiction must have practiced law for five of the last seven years and be admitted in a state that grants reciprocity to Colorado lawyers. Please consult the jurisdiction directly for more detailed information on admission by motion.