State-by-State Bar Exam Information: Delaware
The last Mon, Tue and Wed of July
The late-filing deadline is May 15th
Written: 8 state-law essays and 2 performance tests from the Multistate Performance Test
Multiple-choice: The Multistate Bar Examination (MBE)
Monday: 8 essay questions
Tuesday (a.m. only): 2 performance tests
The MBE tests Contracts, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts.
The state-law essays test the MBE subjects as well as Agency; Corporations; Equity; Partnerships; Procedure (Supreme Ct of Delaware, Ct of Chancery of Delaware, Superior Ct of Delaware, U.S. District Ct for District of Delaware, Family Ct of Delaware); Trusts; UCC; and Wills.
Yes. All applicants who seek to take the exam on a laptop will be able to do so. There is a fee of $100. Sign ups end at midnight on June 1. No late sign ups granted.
Past questions only--here
The written portions (essays, 40%, and performance tests, 20%, combined) are weighted at 60% of the overall score. The MBE is weighted at 40%.