The University of Pittsburgh School of Law developed Human Resources Law Online (HR Law Online) by working with experts in human resources, law, and online education. Our advanced, accelerated program will support you as you take on more advanced human resource roles.
- Learn the relevant law, practical applications of law to human resource situations, and best practices, and explore current issues.
- Interact with expert faculty—Pitt Law professors and employment law practitioners.
- Network and collaborate with peers in other industries and locations through innovative online applications.
- Study flexibly through weekly assignments.
Who Should Enroll?
- Human resources professionals who wish to enhance their understanding of HR laws and regulations.
- Attorneys who wish to acquire an appreciation for the HR field, client needs, and HR issues.
- Business administration program graduates who wish to develop a more thorough understanding of HR law and practices.
- Professionals interested in an exciting career change.
- College graduates with an interest in entering the HR field.
Our next program starts August 2020. Accepting applications now.
MSL Online Combined Programs
Students who successfully complete a Pitt Law Online Certificate—in Human Resources Law Online —may apply the 15 credits earned in the online program to the Master of Studies in Law (MSL) degree within four years of completing the certificate. This option allows students to earn both the certificate and the MSL in 30 credit hours, at an accelerated rate, and with reduced tuition costs. To learn more contact Pitt Law Professor and Online Legal Programs Director Alan Meisel.
Affordable and Flexible
HR Law Online course work is asynchronous, meaning there are no scheduled class meeting times or locations. You will complete most courses in just eight weeks, working through weekly modules, based on your own schedule and from any location. HR Law Online's total tuition is $10,000, for the course beginning in August 2020, which is less than the cost of comparable programs from any other university.
HR Law Online is eligible for Post 911 GI Bill® benefits. Learn more about your education and training benefits. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).