External Scholarships are scholarships that are offered and administered by agencies outside of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. External scholarships provide an excellent resource for students needing help funding their legal education. As a Pitt student, you have access to a scholarship database for both internal and external scholarships called PittFund$Me. When logging into your student portal, you can search PittFund$Me and enter your profile information to search for scholarships for which you may qualify.
Another recommended scholarship database for law scholarships can be found at www.accesslex.org/databank.
Below are some exteranl scholarship that Pitt Law students have utilized in the past.
- HBALEF Scholarship from the Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania Legal Education Fund
- Mark T. Banner Scholarship from The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Law School Student Loan Scholarship from Jenkins and Clayman
- Cope Law Firm Scholarship from Cope Law Offices, LLC (please request application through the Contact Us)
- Chuck Cooper Scholarship from The Chuck Cooper Foundation
- Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship from Banner & Witcoff, Ltd.
- Central Scholarship and Loan Referral Service from the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
- ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund from the American Bar Association
- Diversity Scholarship from DRI The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Samuel J. Goldstein, Esquire, Scholarship Fund from The Pittsburgh Foundation
- Judge William M. Martutani Fellowship from the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania (“APABA-PA”) in conjunction with the Philadelphia Bar Foundation
- F.C. Grote Fund from the Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- Louis Little Attorney's Memorial Fund form the Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- The EMLF Law Student Scholarships from the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- The Howard Fox Memorial Law Scholarship from the Berks County Community Foundation in Pennsylvania
- Hudson County Bar Association Scholarship from Hudson County, New Jersey
- Rob Vega Memorial Scholarship from the Pittsburgh Metropolaitan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Eidson Scholarship from the AAJ Women for Justice Education Fund
- Richard D. Hailey Scholarship from the AAJ's Minority Caucus
- Law School Diversity Scholarship from Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.
- Wayne R. Donahue Memorial Scholarship from the Westmoreland County Bar Foundation
- Donald Laird Hankey Memorial Scholarship from the Westmoreland County Bar Foundation
- Honorable David H. Weiss Memorial Scholarship from the Westmoreland County Bar Foundation
- The Daniel B. Dixon Scholarship Fund from the Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- Trial LawHer Scholarship through Milestone
- George I. Carson Graduate Fellowship from the Pitt Department of Athletics-applications available in the Law School Financial Aid Office, Room 203 Barco Law Building.