ABA Employment Summaries in PDF Format:
For the University of Pittsburgh School of Law faculty and staff, the career outcomes of our students are the highest priority. Of the 135 graduates of the Class of 2018, 86% secured employment by the end of the reporting period. Excluding those pursuing additional full-time graduate degrees after graduation and those who were not seeking employment for personal reasons, 90% of the members of the Class of 2018 are employed.
Additional facts for the Class of 2018:
- 48% of graduates from the Class of 2018 who are in private practice are employed in law firms of 101+ attorneys. 24% of those 2018 graduates are working in international and national law firms of 500+ attorneys.
- Law firms employing members of the Class of 2018 include Babst Calland; Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney; Clark Hill; Cohen & Grigsby; Dechert; Dickie McCamey; Dilworth Paxson; Dinsmore & Shohl; Edgar Snyder & Associates; Fragomen; Gordon Rees Scullly Mansukhani; Jackson Lewis; Jones Day; K&L Gates; Leech Tishman; MacDonald, Illig, Jones and Britton; McGuireWoods; Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe; Pollock Begg Komar Glasser & Vertz; Reed Smith; and the Webb Law Firm.
- Corporations employing members of the Class of 2018 include Ernst & Young; Citadel; Mylan; PNC Bank; and Schneider Downs.
- Many graduates obtained government positions as judicial law clerks, including with the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; U.S. District Courts; and with the Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas. Additional graduates are with governmental agencies including District Attorney offices; Public Defender offices; the Internal Revenue Service; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services; U.S. Department of Commerce; and the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- Finally, graduates who entered the public interest sector are with organizations such as Common Cause and Northwestern Legal Services.