CILE 20th Anniversary Full Program Schedule
Full Event Program | RSVP
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Reception: 6:30 p.m. and Dinner: 7 p.m. – University Club Ballroom A
Dinner speakers will include:
- Professor Ronald A. Brand, who will discuss the 20-year history of CILE;
- Dr. Vjosa Osmani, member of the Assembly of Kosovo, who will reflect on CILE from the perspective of an LL.M. and S.J.D. graduate;
- Mark Walter, former CILE Assistant Director, who will speak about CILE from his perspective as a Pitt Law J.D. graduate; and
- Max Laun, General Counsel of Alcoa Inc., speaking on behalf of CILE’s Advisory Board.
- In keeping with CILE tradition, we anticipate that Professor Harry Flechtner will provide a song or two in honor of CILE.
Friday, September 11, 2015
All events located in the Teplitz Memorial Moot Courtroom except as noted.
Morning – CILE and Me - the Student Perspective
9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. – Student Lounge: informal, one-on-one student discussions with graduates
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Career Path Presentations
- Myles Getlan, Partner, Cassidy Levy Kent LLP - Washington, D.C.
- Charles Kotuby, Partner, Jones Day - Washington, D.C.
- Max Laun, General Counsel, Alcoa
- Vjosa Osmani, Member of Parliament, Kosovo
- Katerina Ossenova, Office of Foreign Litigation, Department of Justice
- D. Wes Rist, Director of Education and Research, ASIL
- Elizabeth Shackelford, Foreign Service Officer, Department of State
- Mark Walter, Managing Director, Trade Policy Unit, Nathan Associates Inc.
12 p.m. - 1 p.m. – Lunch - First Floor Lobby
- Jeffrey Kovar, Assistant Legal Adviser for Western Hemisphere Affairs, U.S. Department of State
1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. – Pitt Law Faculty and Friends - a Survey of Recent Developments
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in the US and the EU
Professor David Thaw, University of Pittsburgh
Professor Pierluigi Perri, University of Milan
- Understanding Islamic Law in the Current International Legal Environment
Professor Haider Ala Hamoudi, University of Pittsburgh
Professor Mark Cammack, Southwestern Law School
- Recent Developments in International Human Rights Law and Criminal Law
Professor Matiangai Sirleaf, University of Pittsburgh
Professor Jaya Ramji-Nogales, Temple Law School
- Border Disputes: The (Difficult) Relationship between the U.N. Sales Convention and Domestic Law
Professor Harry M. Flechtner, University of Pittsburgh
Professor Jack Graves, Touro Law Center
3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. – Break
3:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. – Pitt Law Faculty and Friends - a Survey of Recent Developments (cont.)
- Innovation, IP and the Future of Knowledge Commons
Professor Michael Madison, University of Pittsburgh
Professor Laura Pedraza-Fariña, Northwestern University
- Litigating International Human Rights Cases and Corporate Responsibility
Professor Vivian Curran, University of Pittsburgh
Professor Richard H. Weisberg, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Basics of International Litigation: Jurisdiction and the Recognition of Judgments
Professor Ronald A. Brand, University of Pittsburgh
Paul Herrup, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Foreign Litigation
5:15 p.m. – Closing Remarks
- Chancellor Emeritus Mark A. Nordenberg
Please contact CILE at 412-648-7023 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.