COVID-19 Response

Learn how Pitt Law is building a healthy and resilient community

Please Note: The University of Pittsburgh School of Law's Barco Library is OPEN during regular library hours for Pitt Law faculty and students only.  Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not open to Pitt users outside of Pitt Law; and we are not open to the public. If you have questions, please contact the reference desk at 412-648-1325 or

Transcript Records

The student may obtain a copy of his/her transcript from the University Registrar's Office, Room G-3 Thackeray Hall. The student is responsible for verifying all information contained on the transcript. If the student fails to notify the Law School Registrar of a transcript error, serious difficulties might ensue. For example, when the transcript shows the student as registered for a certain course for which the student takes no examination, or fails to hand in a paper because of his or her belief that the course was dropped, a failing grade would be entered on the student's transcript for that course. Similarly, a student would not receive a grade for a course not appearing on his or her transcript even though he or she has taken the examination or submitted a paper in that course. Whenever an error appears on a transcript, the student should request an updated transcript showing that the error has been corrected.