Transfer to Another Law School

A student must be in good academic standing to apply to transfer to another law school. Any request for a letter of good standing must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The student is responsible for requesting transcripts and letters of good standing to be sent to the transfer school. A student who had initiated procedures to transfer must notify the Law School Registrar's Office of his or her decision whether or not to transfer by August 1. If notice is received after August 1, financial penalties will be imposed.

Students who have initiated the procedure to transfer or visit out must complete and submit a Notice of Change of Status Form whether they decide to stay at the Law School or not.  More information is available at the Change of Status Handbook Page.