What is TWEN?
The West Education Network® (TWEN) is a course management system managed by ThomsonReuters/Westlaw. It is connected to your individual ThomsonReuters/Westlaw account.
You can use TWEN to access your course materials, participate in class discussions, receive and submit online assignments, complete quizzes, exchange e-mail messages with your instructors and classmates, and more.
To participate in TWEN, you need a Westlaw password and you need to add a course created by one of your professors (see “How do I Add a Course to the My Courses Page?” below).
If you do not have a Pitt Law Westlaw username and password, contact the Pitt Law Westlaw account manager. All new law students will receive Westlaw Registration Keys before the beginning of the fall semester.
How Do I Access TWEN?
- Open your Internet browser and go to https://lawschool.westlaw.com. (Chrome browser is recommended).
- Enter your OnePass username and password in the appropriate text boxes.
- Choose TWEN from the drop-down list in the menu at the top of the page.
Can I link it to my Pitt Passport?
Like most of us, managing mulitple accounts is hard. Use Pitt Passport to utilize your Pitt username and password.
- Link your WestLaw unique account by following Pitt Passport Link or by searching for it on MyPitt.
- Follow the instructions to link your Pitt account.
How Do I Add a Course to the My Courses Page?
The My Courses page is your personal directory, which contains hypertext links to the TWEN courses you choose.
Complete these steps to add a course:
- Click Add Course at the top of the My Courses page. The TWEN courses that are available at your school are displayed.
- Select the check box next to each course you want to add.
- If a password is required to add the course, type the password in the Password(s) text box. (If a password is required, you will need to obtain the course password from the professor.)
- Click Submit to return to the My Courses page and view your courses.
How Do I Navigate Within a Course?
- To enter a course, click the course title (a hypertext link) on the My Courses page.
- The course home page is displayed, which provides access (via links on the left side of the page) to all of the materials and resources your professor has chosen.
- Click these links to access course materials, such as the Syllabus and other Course Materials.
How Do I Read Materials in the TWEN?
- To access an item posted on a document page (such as the Syllabus) enter the course by clicking the course name on the My Courses page.
- Select a specific document page or forum name from the links on the left side of the course home page.
- Then click the title of a document page item or posting on the right side to display the item.
- You also have the option to download documents onto your computer or other device.
For more information or assistance with TWEN, please contact the eResearch & Technology Services Librarian.