For help using the My Pitt Video site, see the Panopto support page for How to Navigate the Video Library (Links to an external site.).
Make Engaging Videos
- Record lecture in small segments, preferably 20 minutes or less.
- Total required viewing of weekly assigned lecture should not more than scheduled class time it replaces.
- Be simple and succinct. If what you discuss is too complicated, your important points will be lost. Separate major topics into smaller segments.
When to Use Panopto
- Lectures that are replacing synchonous teaching.
- During live sessions, because some students may not be able to attend.
- Class or case discussions.