ABA Employment Summaries in PDF Format:
For the University of Pittsburgh School of Law faculty and staff, the career outcomes of our students are the highest priority. Of the 120 graduates of the Class of 2019, 94.16% secured employment by the end of the reporting period.
Additional facts for the Class of 2019:
- 53.33% (64) of graduates from the Class of 2019 are employed in the private sector. Of those 43.75% (28) are employed in law firms of 101+ attorneys and 31.25% (20) are working in international and national law firms of 500+ attorneys.
- 20.83% (25) of graduates from the Class of 2019 are employed in public interest and government sectors.
- 11.66% (14) of graduates from the Class of 2019 are employed in the business or industry sectors.
- 5% (6) of graduates from the Class of 2019 are employed in federal and state clerkships.
- Examples of law firms employing members of the Class of 2019 include: Babst Calland; Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney; Burns White; Cohen & Grigsby; Cozen O’Connor; Dickie McCamey; Dinsmore & Shohl; Eckert Seamans; Fish & Richardson; Fox Rothschild; Fragomen; K&L Gates; Leech Tishman; Marshall Dennehey; Morgan Lewis; Motley Rice; Reed Smith; Venable; the Webb Law Firm; and many more.
- Corporations which hired members of the Class of 2019 include Deloitte; Ernst & Young; KPMG; McKinsey and Co.; PNC Bank; and Schneider Downs.
- Graduates are practicing with governmental agencies including District Attorney Offices; Public Defender offices; U.S. JAG Corps; U.S. Army Corp of Engineers; and U.S. Senate Office of Legislative Counsel.
- Graduates who entered the public interest sector are practicing with organizations including KidsVoice; Legal Aid Society of New York; National Association of County and City Health Officials; and Neighborhood Legal Services.