The PDO offers a broad range of professional development and educational programs focusing on various practice areas and the development of professional skills. The PDO consults with the PDO Allies (made up of 1L, 2L and 3L students) and reviews PDO student survey responses to develop programs of interest. The PDO also invites student organizations to co-sponsor career programs.
- PDO Professional Development Guides available in the PittLawWorks Resource Library
- Mock Interview Program: In the fall and spring semesters following the end of final exams, PDO arranges mock interviews for students with law firms, corporate, government, public interest and non-traditional employers. In addition, PDO conducts individual mock interviews with students and alumni throughout the year.
- Pitt Law Alumni Mentoring Program: The Pitt Law Alumni Mentoring program grants first year students the opporutnity to develop a long term, professional relationship with a practicing Pitt Law alumnus, alumna.
- Judicial Clerkship Assistance Program: The PDO works individually with students interested in judicial clerkships (at the federal, state and local level), helping them to identify clerkship opportunities, and providing assistance with application materials, navigating the OSCAR on-line system for federal clerkships, and preparing for interviews.
- Pitt Law Academy Programs: Exclusive Pitt Law professional development programs that include topics such as “Public Law vs. Private Law Careers;” “How Do I Figure Out What Kind of Law I Want to Practice;” “Lawyers As Leaders;” and “Is It Possible to Be a Super Star Lawyer and Still Have a Personal Life/Family?” just to name a few.
- Join a Bar Association: