The scholarships on this page pertain specifically to international study. More information about these programs is available at the CILE Office in room 317A or by e-mail. Additionally, Pitt Law also maintains a list of internal scholarships and external scholarships.
Center for International Legal Education Related Scholarships
- CILE Scholarship
To encourage JD students to engage in international study, CILE is offering fellowships for students pursuing study, research, or internships abroad. Each fellowship will be in an amount from $500.00 to $1,000.00, depending upon need, merit, and the number of students selected for funding. Applications can be found on our website or outside CILE’s office on the 3rd floor of the Barco Law Building in room 317A. To be eligible for the fellowship, you must be enrolled in the International and Comparative Law Certificate Program.
- Nordenberg Fellowship
The Nordenberg Fellowships are funded by the Chancellor Mark A. Nordenberg University Professorship held by Professor Ronald A. Brand. Fellowships are available for law students who have arranged an internship in a foreign country. They are also available to law students who wish to complete an internship with a designated research institution in Europe.
A Nordenberg Fellow will be awarded up to $5,000 to cover travel and expenses for their internship. Applications must be submitted to the CILE office in room 317A by hand and electronically. You can find the application on the third floor of the Barco Law Building outside room 317A .
- Dean Acheson Legal Stage Program in Luxembourg
The US Embassy in Luxembourg provides the opportunity for non-EU citizens to have an internship in the European Union. The Dean Acheson Program offers graduates of US law schools the opportunity to intern for a Judge at the Court of Justice, with an Advocate General of the Court of Justice or with a Judge of the General Court. This internship is ideal for graduating 3L students.
Other University of Pittsburgh International Scholarships
- Foreign Language Area Studies Fellowships
- Graduate Funding through the Asian Studies Center
- International Studies Fund
- Nationality Rooms
- Boren Awards
- Helton Fellowships
- Southeast Europe Fellowships
- Maggio Fellowship - American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Critical Language Scholarships
- James Baker Hughes Writing Competition
- The Washington Foreign Law Society - Ibrahim Shihata Prize for Outstanding Student Writing in Islamic Law
- Association of Family & Conciliation Courts & Hofstra law School / Family Law Writing Competition
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association and Brooklyn Law School: Andrew P. Vance Memorial Writing Competition
- Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship
- New York State Bar Association’s International Law and Practice Section: Albert S. Pergam Writing Competition
- American Association of University Women
- CDS International: Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX)