The Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA) Business Law Section will present its annual Professor Louis Del Duca Memorial Award in Business Law to nine Pennsylvania law students at an awards ceremony during the PBA Annual Meeting, May 11-13 in Hershey. The ABA will honor University of Pittsburgh School of Law 3L Robert Galloway.
Instituted in 2019, the award honors the memory of Louis Del Duca, an active member, and officer of the section who was an attorney, teacher, mentor, and colleague. He was a professor at Dickinson School of Law for nearly 60 years and the long-standing editor of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly, a scholarly publication for PBA members. Del Duca was internationally recognized as a leading scholar in commercial and comparative law, served as president of the International Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law, and was the United States’ collaborator to the Rome International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT).
The award honors law students from Pennsylvania’s ABA-accredited law schools who demonstrate academic excellence, especially in courses related to business law, and intend to practice law in Pennsylvania. The award also recognizes students who have published in business law or have participated in business law-related seminars or conferences.
The law school deans select award nominees, and those nominees are reviewed and confirmed by the PBA Business Law Section. The 2022 honorees are:
- Geneviève Bergeron, Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Robert Galloway, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Emily Horwitz, University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- Jack Kennelly, Widener University Commonwealth Law School
- Megan McClement, Penn State Law
- Sarah D. Shumate-Connor, Duquesne University School of Law
- Patrick Weaver, Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- Savannah Wilt, Penn State Dickinson Law
- Rachel Marie Young, Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law