The University of Pittsburgh Law Alumni Association (“UPLAA”) endeavors to foster and enhance the interests of the School of Law. It serves as a vital link between alumni, students, and the administration to support and strengthen the educational experience. In this role, UPLAA operates as a resource for alumni, new and seasoned, to connect and to collaborate with current students and with each other. UPLAA’s goal is to build a robust community of alumni by encouraging our graduates to play a role, however large or small, in providing our students with a first-class education, and providing our alumni with a professional experience that reflects the quality and distinction offered by the School of Law.
UPLAA elects its Board of Governors to promote alumni leadership that exemplifies the diversity of the School of Law and its objectives. Governors are active and committed alumni who demonstrate their dedication to its mission by providing their time, energy, and financial support to aid the School of Law and its students and alumni, alike. The Board of Governors meets monthly and works closely with the administration to identify and address the needs of students and alumni.
UPLAA’s efforts include:
- providing annual scholarships to deserving third-year students based on the awardee’s academic performance, participation in community service and public interest support, interest in the public sector or with public interest law, commitment to alumni involvement, and financial need
- sponsoring events to facilitate networking and mentoring opportunities between students and alumni
- serving as liaisons to the local bar and bench
- planning events, such as the annual Distinguished Alumni Award dinner and the Pitt Law Fellows Reception to highlight alumni achievement and to recognize exceptional students
- coordinating meet and greet, lunch and learn, and continuing legal education programs
- offering committees of the Board of Governors that any member of UPLAA may join, even if they are not a member of the Board of Governors
- supporting fundraising efforts of the School of Law; and, many other occasions for alumni to stay informed and give back
As a graduate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, you are a member of UPLAA. We invite you to join our efforts. Whether you are interested in engaging with current students and the Board of Governors, aiding career resources, participating in outreach events and volunteer opportunities, or making a gift to the School of Law, there are several ways to stay involved. If an event or opportunity interests you, please contact Ben Ginsberg, Director of Development, at email@example.com.