The University of Pittsburgh Law Alumni Assiociation (UPLAA) is inviting all Pitt Law grads to this year’s Happy Hour Holiday Edition.
When: Thursday, December 7, 2023
Time: 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Where: Alleghenty County Court House (Rm 306)
This event is sponsored by Blankrome
The Pitt Law Black Alumni Committee is inviting all Black Law Alumni to this year’s Black Law Summit and Symposium dubbed “Coming Back: Reconnecting Pitt Law’s Black Alumni and Deepening Pitt Law Connections”, Thursday, September 19 - 22, 2024. The objective of the summit is to connect Black alumni across continents, countries, cities, classes, and careers to engage in provocative discussion topics, listen to thought leaders, and give back to Pitt Law while enjoying exciting social events.
This Summit is a Black alumni-led event conceived, planned and hosted by the Black Alumni Committee of UPLAA, in association with Pitt Law’s Center for Civil Rights & Racial Justice.
The History of Black Justices and Judges in Pa’s Statewide Appellate Courts
Judge Doris Smith-Ribner, a Pitt Law School graduate; class of 1972, presents an insight into the Black justices and judges in the PA’s statewide appellate courts. Judge Smith-Ribner stated in her article that, “As a former Commonwealth Court Judge, it gives me the honor and great pride to reflect principally upon those who paved the way for others to follow”.
Click here to read the full article.
Pitt Law Black Alumni Committee's Mission
The Pitt Law Black Alumni Committee is dedicated to strengthening the professional and social network of Black alumni from Pitt Law across the country and around the world. It is the intent of the committee to provide a support network for Black Pitt law students as well as the Black alumni of the law school. Through this network, the Committee aims to promote and cultivate diversity within the Pitt Law school community. In order to achieve this goal, the Committee seeks the involvement of Black alumni to further its mission:
The Pitt Law Black Alumni Committee aspires to cultivate a powerful global network of Black alumni and promote Black diversity within Pitt Law and the communities in which Pitt Law alumni serve by:
- Creating initiatives to establish and strengthen connections among Pitt Law Black alumni globally
- Creating an opportunity for greater alumni involvement in the further development of the Pitt Law school brand globally
- Creating initiatives to strengthen connections and ties between Pitt Law Black alumni and Pitt Law students, faculty and staff
- Developing and enhancing programming to promote Black excellence at Pitt Law, in all areas of the legal profession and community
- Leveraging the Pitt Law Black alumni network to enhance the experience of Pitt Law Black students through mentoring and other initiatives that foster community and engagement
For more information regarding levels of involvement and benefits to participating, please contact Vincent Johnson, Director of Equity and Inclusive Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-327-8459.