The Health Law Clinic is a partnership between the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Medical and legal partnerships, like the Health Law Clinic at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, combine the expertise of health
and legal professionals to address and prevent health-harming legal needs. By partnering with law students at Pitt, your health care team is working to enhance its response to the social determinants of health affecting young patients and their families.
The Health Law Clinic offers:
- Free, brief advice, available for all families.
- Free representation for families meeting certain income guidelines.
Call the Health Law Clinic or ask for a referral if:
- Your child has been denied supplemental security income. We can explain the process and help you to appeal.
- You are having trouble getting special education services for your child. We can help you to work with your child’s school to get transportation, nursing support, and other services to help your child in school.
- Your child is turning 18 and cannot communicate his or her medical needs. We can talk to you about whether guardianship or power of attorney is right for your family.
Fourth Floor Barco Law Building
3900 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260