Adjunct Professor of Law
Robert S. Barker is Duquesne University Distinguished Professor of Law Emeritus. His Latin American experience includes:
- Service as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer-lawyer in Panamá, 1967-1969.
- Fulbright Scholar and Visiting Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Buenos Aires, 1995.
- Consultant to the Venezuelan Constitutional Convention of 1999.
- President of the Constitutional Law Committee of the Inter-American Bar Association (IABA), 1984-1996, and member of the IABA’s governing Council since 1995.
- Author of La Constitución de los Estados Unidos y su dinámica actual, published in Perú (2005), Bolivia (2007), Costa Rica (2010), and Argentina (2020).
He has spoken to academic, professional, and governmental audiences on Constitutional Law topics in most Latin American countries, and in 2014 was awarded the degree of Doctor Honoris Causa by the Universidad Nacional de Cajamarca (Perú).