Michael Rosenzweig, Esquire
Attorney Michael Rosenzweig is a senior partner and litigation manager at the Pittsburgh law firm of Edgar Snyder & Associates.
He earned a bachelor of arts degree in 1981 in history and political science from the University of Pittsburgh, where he graduated magna cum laude.
In 1984, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. He is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts of both Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Rosenzweig has an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating based on legal ability and general ethical standards. He has also been honored as a fellow of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County since 2002 and currently serves on its board of governors.
He is also a board-certified Civil Trial Advocate, and made the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers—an honor awarded to the top 5 percent of state-wide attorneys—from 2005 - 2016.
Based on the results of the Super Lawyers selection process, Rosenzweig was also listed as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2010 - 2016 and one of the Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2008-2016.
Rosenzweig has also been selected for inclusion in the 2010 - 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®—an honor based on rigorous peer review—in two categories: Plaintiff's Personal Injury and Products Liability.
He also serves as an adjunct professor of law at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, and currently teaches advanced torts.
As the firm's litigation manager, Rosenzweig mentors young lawyers, creates and implements litigation department procedures, and conducts continuing education for legal staff about litigation strategies, techniques, and breaking legal decisions.
In the Media
- "Changes to Penn Township's Snyder Road Considered" – Your Penn-Trafford, Pittsburgh Tribune Review
Drunk Driving Crashes and Social Host Alcohol Law
- "Are You Responsible for New Year's Eve Guests Who Drink?" – CBS News
- Underage drinking and holiday Social Host Liability – WRRK-FM & WLTJ-FM
- "PennDOT, Police Start Operation Safe Holiday" – The Pitt News
Pittsburgh Ride Sharing Companies
- "Ride-share companies to operate despite order" – WTAE News
Motorcycle Safety & Accident Prevention
- Kick Off Riding Season With Safety in Mind! – Wing World
- Bikers - Are You Protected? – Motorcycle-USA
- Boomer Bikers: Keep Motorcycle Safety a Priority – Grand Strand Boomers
- Motorcycles, Injury Prevention, and Safety – Oh My! – Pittsburgh HealthCare Report
- Motorcycle Insurance 101: Street Savvy – Motorcyclist
- Choosing Motorcycle Insurance – Road Runner
- Navigate the Road With Safety in Mind – Road Runner
- How to Protect Your Legal Rights – Road Runner
Summer Vacation Accidents
- What to Do When an Accident Interrupts Your Summer Vacation – Pittsburgh HealthCare Report
- Boomers, Let's Talk Summer Vacation Safety – Grand Strand Boomers
- What to Do if You're Injured in an Accident on Vacation – Pittsburgh Better Times
Attorney Rosenzweig is a frequent lecturer for both local and state trial attorney organizations. He has lectured, planned seminars, and written seminar materials for various legal organizations including the following:
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy – Pittsburgh Regional Trial Program
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Lights, Camera, Evidence! (speaking and course material preparation)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Distracted Driving Seminar
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County – "Trials in the Real World: How Things Are Done in Federal Court in Western PA"
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice – What's It Worth – Evaluating & Settling Personal Injury Cases
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Auto Law Practice Tips and "Proving Hidden Damages"
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – What's It Worth – prepared materials and hypothetical questions for use by attorneys in establishing values for illustrative case seniors
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Obtaining Court Approval to Settle Wrongful Death and Minor's Claims (Court Approval of Wrongful Death/Survival Action Claims)
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – What's It Worth - Ethical Issues Presented in Settlement of Personal Injury Case
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Liens, Subrogation and Joint Tortfeasor Releases – Avoiding Pitfalls in Subrogation Arising Out of Personal Injury Cases
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Demonstrative Evidence – Show and Tell for the Jury
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice Annual Update of the Law Seminar - 2010 Civil Practice and Procedure Update
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice Annual Update of the Law Seminar - 2011 Civil Practice and Procedure Update
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County - Moderator at the Annual Spring Symposium on Civil Trial Practice
Awards and Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- 2010 - 2015 Best Lawyers in America®
- 2005 - 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania for 2010 - 2015
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in Pittsburgh for 2008 - 2015
- Board-Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate and Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Fellow and Board of Governors
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- 2014 Lawyer of the Year - Mining Law, Corporate LiveWire
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, President's Club Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association