Whether you are a new student or in your final year, we hope you are finding your way around Barco and settling into your new routine. We are trying something new this year by offering everyone 24-hour access, seven days a week, to the Ground Floor, First Floor, and Second Floor (what we often call G, 1, and 2). Our library has also agreed to permit more access to the Fourth Floor beyond the hours when the library is staffed. A few reminders:
- Monday-Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Fourth Floor open until Midnight)
- Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Fourth Floor open until Midnight)
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: Noon – 5 p.m. (Fourth Floor open until Midnight)
To continue offering this access, we are counting on you to ensure that we have only our law community in the building to keep it safe for everyone. When thinking about your safety, please know that there are security cameras monitoring the open spaces of the building, and there are several emergency phones located throughout the building. If you need emergency help, dial 911 or 412-624-2121.
- Remember your Pitt ID. You will need your ID to get into Barco, and you must again tap it at the stand just inside the building every time you come into the building. You will also need to tap it on the elevator to access the library on the Fourth Floor, as well as a few other areas that lock down later in the day.
- Our designated inside dining area is on G; you are also welcome to eat outside on the patio on 2. We ask that you not eat in the library or at the tables in the foyer on 1. You also should not eat in classrooms, even on the weekends. Please help us both comply with the Pitt face covering requirements and keep our building’s mice and insect population to a minimum.
- Please leave the furniture where you find it. We have set up the building at a reduced capacity, around 50%-60% of pre-pandemic occupancy. We need your help to maintain the current setup, which is critical to keeping everyone safe and comfortable in the building.
- If you do not feel well, stay home. If you are ill or have been diagnosed with an illness, please contact Dean Allie for instructions on next steps.
For Faculty and Staff
We are grateful to our Pitt Law faculty and staff for their tremendous dedication, flexibility and patience throughout these difficult and uncertain times. From engaging and supporting our students remotely to conducting scholarly work and keepng our building safe and clean, the people of Pitt Law continue to show resilience.